Frequently Asked Questions
What you should know about SKYPASS Visa Cards.
How to Apply
- Do I have to be a U.S. resident to apply for the SKYPASS Visa card?
- How do I apply for a SKYPASS Visa card?
- Can I receive a SKYPASS Visa card without being a SKYPASS member?
- Can I use my spouse's SKYPASS member number to apply for a SKYPASS Visa card?
- How long will it take to receive my card?
- How will I be rewarded for using the SKYPASS Visa card?
- What are some of the other benefits of the SKYPASS Visa card?
- Earning Power
Use the SKYPASS Visa card for all purchases from airline tickets to hotels to gas and groceries to big-ticket items like computers and personal digital assistants to monthly recurring charges (mortgage, utilities, daycare services, or tuition).
- Automatic Bill Payments
Pay all of your bills with your SKYPASS Visa card. Contact merchants or service providers for exact details and acceptance.
Pay your SKYPASS Visa card bill from any checking or savings account in the United States.
- Online Banking
Sign-up via usbank.com to make transactions on your SKYPASS Visa card including transfers from checking or savings accounts, cash advances and payments. You will have the ability to view your credit card statement online. For Business cardmembers, you will also be able to view and manage your business expenses online.
- Telephone Transfer
Sign-up to make a payment on your SKYPASS Visa card from a U.S. Bank checking or savings account via the telephone.
- Phone Pay
Sign-up to make a payment on your SKYPASS Visa card from ANY checking or savings account in the United States.
- Convenience Checks
Contact Customer Service for convenience checks that allow you to make purchases from your SKYPASS Visa card.
- Are there new card benefits that have been offered recently?
- Are there limits to earning miles on the SKYPASS Visa card?
- What are the additional features for U.S. Bank Checking or Savings account holders?
Your SKYPASS Visa card protects your U.S. Bank Checking account from overdrafts in $25 increments up to your available credit limit, with the same APR as your Visa card.
Expanded Account Access
You can use your SKYPASS Visa card to access your U.S. Bank Credit, Savings, and Checking accounts at any U.S. Bank ATM.
You can transfer funds between your U.S. Bank accounts and your credit card account using your touch-tone phone. It's an easy and convenient way to pay your monthly bill.
- How many miles are required to join the Morning Calm Club?
- 50,000 or more flown miles on KAL or
- 40 qualifying flights on KAL or
- 20,000 miles from SKYPASS partners + 30,000 KAL flown miles
- 30,000 or more flown miles on KAL or
- 20 qualifying flight segments on KAL or
- 20,000 miles or 15 qualifying flight segments on KAL + 10,000 miles from SKYPASS partners
To maintain Morning Calm Club membership:
- How do my SKYPASS Visa purchases help me reach and maintain Morning Calm Club Membership?
- How long is Morning Calm Club membership valid for?
- Accumulation of additional 30,000 or more flown miles on Korean Air
- Additional 20 qualifying flight segments on Korean Air
- Accumulation of additional 30,000 or more flown miles on Korean Air and partner companies combined, provided that at least 20,000 miles or 15 qualifying flight segments are on Korean Air
- Will I still receive my two (2) KAL Lounge Coupons?
- NEW - How and when will I receive the two (2) KAL Lounge Coupons?
- I am enrolled to receive only Online Statements. How will I receive my annual lounge coupons?
- What are the terms and conditions of the Lounge Coupons?
- Will I still receive the annual Bonus Miles at renewal?
- Who should I call if I have questions regarding the Lounge Coupons and annual Bonus Miles at renewal?
Call Korean Air Service Center at 800-438-5000 if you have questions regarding the use of a coupon you have already received.
- Will I still earn Double Miles on Korean Air ticket purchases?
Basic Card Facts
- What's the difference between a Secured card, a No Annual Fee card, a Classic card, a Signature card and a Business card?
- Can I only use the SKYPASS Visa card for purchases with Korean Air?
- Do I need to have a separate SKYPASS frequent flyer number for my personal card and business card?
- I will have more than 2 additional cardholders for the SKYPASS Visa Business account. Can I accumulate all the miles under my SKYPASS number?
- Can I use the SKYPASS Visa card for instant cash at ATMs?
- Why is there an annual fee on most SKYPASS credit cards when I can get almost any card with no annual fee?
- Is the APR competitive?
- Can I access my SKYPASS Visa card account online?
Smart Chip Technology
- What is a chip credit or debit card?
- What does a chip card look like?
- What are the benefits of my new chip card?
- Where are chip cards used now?
- Will my card work outside the United States?
- Now that I have a chip card should I continue to notify you before I travel internationally?
- What information is on a chip card?
- Are chip cards safer to use than magnetic stripe cards?
- Does this mean that a magnetic stripe card is not secure?
- If my card has a chip, are you discontinuing magnetic stripes on cards?
- Are there any additional fees on chip cards?
- Will my new chip card still have zero fraud liability?
- When I make a purchase using a chip card, how is that different from using my existing magnetic stripe card?
- How do I make a chip card transaction?
- Insert the chip portion of the card into the terminal with the chip facing up. It’s important to leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. (If you remove the card too soon, the transaction will end and your purchase will not be processed.)
- Follow the prompts on the terminal’s screen.
- The terminal will display the purchase amount.
- Once the purchase is approved, a receipt is printed for your signature. When your transaction is complete, you will be prompted to remove your card.
NOTE: At restaurants, a portable terminal may be brought to your table.
- Do chip card transactions take longer?
- Can I use my chip card on the internet or for mail or telephone purchases?
- Do chips get damaged?
- Can I still use my chip card at an ATM?
- Can I continue to use my existing PIN on my chip card?
- What if a merchant asks for a PIN during the purchase?
- What is ScoreBoard?
- Is there a fee for ScoreBoard?
- How often is ScoreBoard updated?
- Does ScoreBoard replace my current Credit Card statement or other reporting available online?
- Why doesn't the information in ScoreBoard match the reporting on my QuickBooks® or other financial management software?
- How much spending history is available within ScoreBoard?
- Can I print, download or save the information available through ScoreBoard?
Yes. You can print the report in one of two ways. To print the page you are viewing, select Print from the ScoreBoard navigation bar and it will launch the print function from your browser menu. ScoreBoard will print the entire Spend or Reports page.
To download or save the Spend or Reports information available within ScoreBoard, select Download from the ScoreBoard navigation bar. Then select the format (i.e., PDF, Image, XLS [Version 2000 or later] or CSV).
To download or save a report, select a Download option from the radio buttons available in the report criteria section.
- Can I download transaction information into financial management solutions like QuickBooks?
- What types of transactions are included in ScoreBoard?
- Why are certain transactions excluded from my total spending (e.g., ATM withdrawals, payments, convenience checks, etc.)?
- How is U.S. Bank able to categorize card transactions into Market Segments and Industries?
- Can I have a transaction reclassified into a different market segment or industry?
- Is customer service available in Korean?
- Who should I call with questions about my SKYPASS Visa card?
- How can I keep up-to-date on SKYPASS Visa news and offers?
- How do I read my statement?
- How can I download files or view my online statements using Internet Explorer version 8?
- Go to: Tools > Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck 'Do not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk' setting